Barbecue Safety Tips
By OC Supervisor Pat Bates
Summertime is barbecue time. Below are tips to help you safely enjoy your natural gas barbecue:
- Locate your barbecue away from combustible surfaces such as wood siding or deck railings.
- Install a flexible gas line connection from the barbecue to the gas houseline to reduce the possibility of damage due to movement.
- Keep the area near the barbecue free from combustible materials such as leaves.
- When lighting a gas barbecue, always keep the lid open and your head away from the grill.
- If the grill fails to light, keep the lid open for at least five minutes to allow residual gas to disperse before attempting to relight.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby in case of fire.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions that accompany the natural gas barbecue.
For more information, please click here.