The Orange County Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers (OCASSE) Construction Special Interest Group is hosting a meeting on May 8, from 7:30 am to 9:00 am, at American Red Cross-Santa Ana, located at 600 N. Parkcenter Drive, Santa Ana.
The speaker for this meeting is Rick McCourt, CSP. He has been Sukut Construction’s Safety, Health & Environmental Director since 2001. Over time, Sukut has transitioned from a relatively small grading contractor to a large heavy civil firm, recognized by the Engineering News Report as a top 400 contractor worldwide. Sukut is based in Santa Ana, and currently has projects throughout Southern and Northern California.
Since coming to the construction industry Rick has achieved certifications in:
- UC Irvine’s Occupational Safety & Health Program
- ASSE’s Executive Safety Management Program
- BCSP’s Construction Health & Safety Technician
- BCSP’s Certified Safety Professional
And currently serves as:
- Member of the Southern CA Contractors Association’s Safety Committee
- Chairs the American Contractor’s Insurance Group Infrasture Safety Committee
Rick will be sharing a highly successful program that has been instrumental in transforming Sukut’s safety program and has been the introduction to Root Cause Analysis Investigations. Rick is proud to share highlights of his program with the OCASSE Construction Special Interest Group because this is something that really works.
David Arebalo, CHST
Orange County American Society of Safety Engineers
Click here to register for this meeting.