The 2012 Joint Technical Symposium (JTS) is scheduled for October 17, 2012, from 7 am to 4 pm, at the Grand Long Beach Event Center, located at 4101 E. Willow Street, Long Beach, CA 90815. This annual event is co-hosted by the Southern California American Industrial Hygiene Assoicaiton (SCAIHA), the Orange County American Industrial Hygiene Association (OCAIHA), and the Chapters of the Long Beach American Society of Safety Engineers (LBASSE), the Orange County American Society of Safety Enginneers (OCASSE) and the Los Angeles American Society of Safety Engineers (LAASSE).
We invite you to join your collegues in Enviornmental, Health and Safety for an informational day of programs, keynote speakers, networking and exhibitors that will be showcasing the latest and greatest products used in our profession.
This year our theme is”Emerging Trends – Technology, Regulatory and Social Media”. In addition to bringing you experts in these fields, we have two prominent Key Note speakers who will serve to inspire and inform. Terrie Norris CSP, ARM, CPSI Past-President of the American Society of Safety Engineers and Ms. Ellen Widess the newly appointed Chief of California’s Division of Occupational Health and Safety.
Track highlights include:
- Connecting Corporate with Field – Safety Assessments” by Bill Turner
- “Preventing Serious Injuries and Fatalities” by Susan Murphy
- “What is Best-in-Class in Contractor Management” by Bonney Hodges
- Social media updates by Laura Styles MPH, Program Manager of the California FACE program
- Discussion on the revised HazComm Std & Global Harmonization by Mary Gene Ryan
- “Sirens in Their pockets: Public Alerts and Warnings on Mobile Decives” by Dr. Michell Wood from CSF
- “Preferred Sources of Electronic Communication when Information Credibility is Important” by Dr. Michael Sullivan
We know you have to make choices about where to spend your time, money and energy in keeping updated on the newest trends, collecting educational credits to keep your certifications and see the latest and greatest tools for your industry. We hope you will choose to stay close to home as we strive to provide the best the area has to offer. Please join us on October 17, 2012 in Long Beach.
Staying in town? The Grand Long Beach Event Center has two recommendations, mention the Grand Long Beach Event Center and Lisa Duncan Mcintyhre at either The Extended Stay America (right next door) 562-989-4601 or the Holiday Inn on the corner of Lakewood and Willow 562-597-4401, they will extend to our guests the preferred rate for the Joint Technical Symposium.