Back to School: Is your kid a flu fighter?
As kids go back to school this month, there is a higher risk of germs spreading among classmates and teachers.
With flu season just around the corner, have you taught your kids the right way to be a flu fighter? Is your classroom ready for flu season?
- Follow these everyday steps to stop the spread of germs
- View guidance documents for schools to fight the seasonal flu
- Video: Did you know there was a right way to sneeze? Elmo shows you how!
In addition to these everyday tips, the best way to fight the flu is to get the flu vaccine when it is available in your area. The flu vaccine is recommended for everyone 6 months of age or older.
- Find a place to get the flu vaccine in your area
- Learn more about why kids are at a higher risk for getting the flu
These tips aren’t just for kids. Every adult can do their part to help prevent the spread of germs and protect themselves from the flu.
With flu season coming up, we’ll be sending out more e-mails like this to provide you with the information you need this flu season. Follow us on Twitter (@FluGov) for a different flu tip each Friday through #FluTips.