The next meeting of the Orange County Chapter of the Association of Continuity Planners is set for Sep. 12, from noon to 3 pm, at the Cal State Fullerton Extension Building located at 12901 Euclid Street, Room 158-159, Garden Grove, CA 92840. The building is shared with Coastline College. The parking is free. For driving directions to the Cal State Fullerton Garden Grove location, click here.
In the wake of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, there has been renewed interest at the local, state and federal level in emergency planning efforts for the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS). This presentation will give participants an overview of the Fukushima Daiichi tsunami/nuclear event and delineate the differences between the plant in Japan and the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station. The workshop will include information about the SONGS Interjurisdictional Planning Committee and on-going local emergency planning and preparedness activities. Participants will learn about the SONGS evacuation zones, public education outreach, and the 12-year nuclear exercise cycle.
Sara Kaminske, Assistant Emergency Manager, OC Sheriff’s – Emergency Management Bureau
Dan Cleavenger, Offsite Emergency Planner, San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS)
Important Registration Information:
- Send e-mail registration to Donna Griffin
- Payment at the door accepted with pre-made e-mail reservation. (Because of lunch, it is difficult to accommodate walk-ins without a 3-day notice.)
- Please make checks payable to “ACP Orange County”.
- E-mail registration must be received by date indicated under “Register by” located in the “Date” column above.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation and a receipt will be provided at the meeting.
- Allow extra time for your arrival to accommodate parking and security processing.