I ran into Wenhai Xu, PhD, CIH, CSP, this week at the OCASSE’s August chapter meeting. He shared with me that he recently earned his CSP designation, which is certainly worth noting.
Xu works as an Industrial Hygienist at Health Science Associates (HSA), in Los Alamitos.
His education includes:
- Ph. D., Environmental Health Sciences March 2007, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Advanced to Ph.D. Candidacy: March 2004, Thesis: Permeation of Metalworking Fluids Through Gloves, Advisor: Dr. Shane S. Que Hee
- B.S., Environmental Science and Engineering July 2000, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, Major: Environmental Chemistry, Minor: Computer Science
He also holds a number of professional certificates, including :
- Certified Safety Professional, passed on June 28, 2011
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, passed on May 26, 2010
- HAZWOPER 40-hour Training Program, Certificate Number HWP/HSA121808-01, 12/15-18/2008
- California Department of Public Health Lead Project Monitor (From 10/2010) and Sampling Technician (from 12/2008), ID#19930
Xu has worked at HSA since 2007. He was previously a research assistant at U.C.L.A.
Xu is currently the Treasurer Elect for the Orange County Section of American Industrial Hygiene. I am hoping he will consider joining the ASSE as well!
Congratulations to Xu on his CSP achievement. He is well on his way to a stellar career.