Learn about the activities of CERTs across the country in the CERT in Action! stories just posted at the national CERT website:
- Bay, Texas CERT Partners with Red Cross, Community, to Respond to Apartment Fire
- Greenbelt, Maryland CERT Joins Eastern Shore Search-and-Rescue Mission
- Teen CERT Member Saves Elderly Woman from Fire in Missouri
- Monterey, California CERT Clears Beaches During Tsunami Threat
- New Jersey CERTs Help Area Cope with Flooding
- Oregon CERT Activated to Prepare for Tsunami
- Southern Marin, California CERT Joins Search-and-Rescue Effort
CERT in Action! is about sharing the stories of local CERT Programs whose Teams have responded in emergencies. The stories capture how Teams make a difference in their communities, and the shared stories will enable all CERT Programs to benefit from the experiences of individual programs. Additional stories are added to the site regularly.
If you have a story about your “CERT in Action!” please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you submit your story, please be sure to include the following:
· Your contact information (name and email address)
· Location of your CERT program
· Event for which CERTs were used
· Date(s) of the event
· 2-3 paragraphs on what the CERTs did: Number of CERT members activated, types of activities performed, agency that oversaw the CERTs during this event, and any challenges and successes experienced during activation
If you have a picture to submit with the story, please list the people in the picture and the activity they are performing.
Prior to posting your story online, we will reach out to the contact person to confirm the facts. We look forward to your stories, and thank you in advance for sharing with the CERT community.
National CERT Program Office
Individual & Community Preparedness Division
Federal Emergency Management Agency
U.S. Department of Homeland