ESM Solutions is offering a series of free Workers’ Compensation Webinars regarding controlling cost in the first 90 days following an Injury. Here is their April schedule:
Claims Management: Accident Investigation for Compensability
Date: April 13, 2011 from 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Speakers: Sharon Poston, ARM and Jennifer Umbright, WCCA
Employer Challenges: What can an employer do to ensure that questionable claims are promptly investigated for determination of compensability under Workers’ Compensation laws?
Employers ask these questions:
- How can there be a claim if there was no injury?
- What is a Cumulative Trauma claim?
- I didn’t even know about a claim and it cost me 20 points on my X-mod.
Loss Control: Accident Investigation for Hazard Mitigation
Date: April 20, 2011 from 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Speakers: Anthony Poston, ARM, AIM and Ken Fletcher,
Former Work Comp Safety and Security Manager, Blue Diamond Growers
Employer Challenges: The purpose of an accident investigation is to determine the root cause to ensure effective steps can be taken to prevent future recurrence. A combination of factors come together under the right circumstances to bring about the undesired events that impact an employer’s Workers’ Compensation costs.
- Multiple source-causes include people, equipment, materials, environment & process.
- Indirect costs that affect your X-Mod and insurance premiums.
Date: April 27, 2011 from 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.
Speakers: Dr. Don Freeman and
Special Guest: Dr. Michael Cohen, Sutter Occupational Health
Employer Challenges: Often employers feel their Workers’ Compensation claims are unpredictable. Some claims find quick resolution while others require endless treatment and ongoing job modifications.
Join us as we discuss:
- The physician’s role in the investigation of work related injury vs. non work injury.
- Controlling medical costs by selecting a qualified occupational health care facility.
- Treatment protocols that contribute to an effective Return-To-Work program and efficient claims management.
ESM Solutions is a risk management firm offering consultancy, education, training and safety excellence programs. Our strength is providing assistance to employers in reducing the cost and impact of workplace injury through results-driven claims management oversight, proactive loss prevention, and workplace training solutions.
Find out how ESM Solutions can help you control your orkers’ Compensation costs.
For more information visit our Website at executivesm.com or to register go to http://executivesm.com/register.aspx.